Now that we’ve seen how important it is to develop implications thoughtfully and carefully, using the core concepts of sex, gender, diversity and equity, let’s work through an example. We’ll use the case of overweight, obesity and health in Canada.
- Synthesize and Interpret Ideas and Evidence
- Explain and Practice Iteration
- Identify Types and Sources of Bias
- Maintaining a hierarchy or power structure
- Failing to examine differences between and among people
- Using double standards
- Outline Implications
- Develop Implications using the Core Concepts
- Activity: Piecing the puzzle together
- Activity: Missing Pieces – Iteration
- Activity: Misleading pieces – Bias
- What’s the picture?
- Module Review Exercise
- Module Summary
- This module was written by Barbara Clow, Ann Pederson and Jennifer Bernier.